Upgrade to v7 r2 and Zend Server 8.5.3 killed some COBOL calls

Discussion in 'PHP Toolkit' started by MikeHoague, Aug 5, 2016.

1. MikeHoague

MikeHoague New Member

We are having an issue with the environment we are upgrading to v7 r2. Specifically it looks like the issue is with the toolkit and COBOL programs in our HR application. Finance seems to be working fine and uses a different method for calling COBOL programs on the i.

This is how finance is calling: $ret = i5_program_call($prog, $this->params, $this->retvals); prams is an associative array of key value pair and retvals is an array of key and empty values.

This is how HR is calling: $rawData = $this->_toolkit->PgmCall($programName, "" , $params); Where params is an object from the toolkit with an array of objects with protected properties.

Presently the HR programs are working without issue on all of our v7 r1 system but returns an empty string on the v7 r2 server. Any idea what the problem could be?

Attached is the toolkit log for the new server.

Attached Files:

2. Alan

Alan Administrator Staff Member

Hi, Mike, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe you've told me offline that you resolved the issue by using a consistent version of the toolkit throughout the application. You had some customized toolkit versions that didn't match others. Sound right?
    Alan

3. MikeHoague

MikeHoague New Member

Yes we used an older version of the Toolkit however we are still having issues with a few of the COBOL programs. Any thoughts on how to debug these issues?

4. MikeHoague

MikeHoague New Member

Looking through the toolkitdebog.log file i am seeing the following errors; what causes these errors?
    <error>
    <errnoxml>1100004</errnoxml>
    <xmlerrmsg><![CDATA[XML run loop failed]]></xmlerrmsg>
    <xmlhint><![CDATA[p(54) <pgm name='H503DD' lib='']]></xmlhint>
    </error>
    <error>
    <errnoxml>1000005</errnoxml>
    <xmlerrmsg><![CDATA[PASE resolve failed]]></xmlerrmsg>
    <xmlhint><![CDATA[H503DD]]></xmlhint>
    </error>
    <error>
    <errnoxml>1100016</errnoxml>
    <xmlerrmsg><![CDATA[XML run pgm failed]]></xmlerrmsg>
    <xmlhint><![CDATA[<pgm name='H503DD' lib=''>
    <parm io='in' comment='wskdist'>]]></xmlhint>
    </error>
    <error>
    <errnoxml>1100004</errnoxml>
    <xmlerrmsg><![CDATA[XML run loop failed]]></xmlerrmsg>
    <xmlhint><![CDATA[p(54) <pgm name='H503DD' lib='']]></xmlhint>
    </error>

5. MikeHoague

MikeHoague New Member

Also I am seeing this error later in the logs;
    <jobtime><![CDATA[10/12/16 16:12:30.360241]]></jobtime>
    <jobtext><![CDATA[EDRQASYS PLUGILE ILERSLV 8637 *PRCLT Cannot resolve to object H503DD. Type and Subtype X'0201' Either a system pointer o]]></jobtext>